Gillette Ridge's Best Practices are as follows:
- If you do not feel well - please stay home.
- Payments and transactions should be made online or by phone.
- Restaurant facilities are closed. Small snacks and drinks available outside at check-in area.
- Respect of social distancing applies not only to fellow players, but also to golf course employees.
- Please maintain social distance of at least 6 feet at all times over the entire property including parking and practice areas.
- For groups starting their round, the starter will stand next to their sign keeping groups safely apart and in order of their tee time.
- There will be no distribution of scorecards or pencils.
- Carts are sanitized after each use.
- Flagsticks and holes will be adjusted with a PVC ring to shallow the hole. Please do not remove or touch the flagstick.
- There will be no caddies or bag handlers. All players should handle only their own equipment and should not pick up discarded items such as used tees or stray golf balls.
- Ball washers, rakes, benches, water coolers, used tee baskets, and other commonly handled items on the golf course that can be removed will not be available for use. Please do not touch permanent structures such as rain shelters or benches that are permanently fixed.
- Stakes marking penalty areas should not be touched.
- Players waiting to play should not congregate, and should maintain social distancing at all times.
- Restrooms at the Academy building by the driving range will be available to golfers and sanitized regularly.
This is a Gillette Ridge - specific list that was modified from the DECD and CSGA.
With the announcement from DECD, golf can be played, and played safely in Connecticut during the COVID-19 pandemic. But only if everyone follows these guidelines at all times- especially maintaining strict adherence to social distancing.
Any golfer who fails to abide by these guidelines will be asked to leave the facility.
Thank you in advance for your patience and cooperation in helping keep Gillette Ridge a safe environment for all. We hope everyone continues to stay safe and healthy.
The Team at Gillette Ridge Golf Club